Print Page | Close Window

Show it to us?

Printed From: RC Radio Network
Category: RC Radio Network Contest News and Information
Forum Name: Model Your Model
Forum Discription: Show us what you are flying/Building. If we use the photo on the air you win!
URL: http://www.rcradionetwork.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=367
Printed Date: 16 Jul 2019 at 6:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.64 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Show it to us?
Posted By: administrator
Subject: Show it to us?
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:22am
This area is for you to show us what you are building and or flying. Model your model for a chance to show the world what you are up to and a chance to win RCRN prizes and gift certificates to some of our advertisers.

Replies:
Posted By: buzzox44
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 7:23pm
 I started this 1946 Piper Sky Sedan this airplane in real life was an experimental, unfortunately never made it to full production. The only known Sky Sedan is in a hangar in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I found the Popular Mechanics blueprints on EBay, and decided to build it.
  I've been working on it for a month now, and I'm almost complete. It's being converted from control line to Electric R/C the plane at present weigh's 9 oz. and I'll be using a Park 400 with a Castle Thunderbird-18 Speed Controller Spektrum AR600 receiver and a thunder power 910 mAh 3S 11.1V Lipo.

-------------
Woodchuck Hobbies Gould Aerospace Inc.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
I'm trying to figure out how to reformat the pictures to fit the web sites requirements. I don't know how at this time but I have the complete assembly of the model from skeleton to completion.

-------------

Posted By: mudman1959
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 9:04pm
60" Scratch Built P51D... Some Foam and some balsa. Took several different models and combined the best features of them into one plane. It has retracts and flaps along with all of the normal controls. It is all electric and I am planning on a 5 cell lipo for power... Mudman1959

Posted By: bassplace88
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:11pm
Anybody else having problems using the URL link for pictures?  It will not work for me and I'm getting very upset, cuz it is not working properly.  Trying to get pictures from my facebook, cuz I upload directly from my phone. 

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:38pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan more to come

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:40pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedansky sedan 1946

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:41pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:43pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan 

-------------

Posted By: Exponential
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:46pm
Here's a foamy SR-71 Blackbird from plans by eliworm and crxmanpat on RCGroups ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176148 - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176148 )

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 8:47am
The Piper Sky Sedan has a 36" wingspan I decided to Monokote it in Black and Beige, with an aluminum underbelly. the real airplane was all clad except for the cabin was red, with the trditional Piper Cub lightning bolt along it's side. I will also incorporate the Lightning Bolt with Piper Experimental along the engine cowl.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 8:58am
1946 Piper Sky Sedan1946 Piper Sky Sedan

-------------

Posted By: blkkat
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:09pm

This is me and my sons first RC Airplane. A E-Flite Apprentice 15. We worked hard to get it by recycling lots and lots cans and bottles. We have been doing a lot of flying on our simulator and we have been buddy boxing with our local cub. We want to get a Parkzone T-28 next and want start kit plane this winter. We listen to the podcast when we are in our hobby room whether its new one or from the past.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:06pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost finished

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:09pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost done

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 6:59am
Originally posted by buzzox44

1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost done

Wow! The Sedan is turning out really nice!
Great work

Posted By: bsbauman
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:16am

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 11:25am

HL "Super Scale" F-16 Tiger Falcon

Builder/Pilot: Bsbauman
Photo: WebDr

Posted By: kingsflyer
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 2:37pm
WOW!!!

Here's my Latest -- a Sebart Wind S50e F3A Pattern Plane. Man this thing flies NICE!!!

-------------
As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

Posted By: rcdude07
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:46am
Does this look familiar?

It should, this is the Micro SSX I won in June 2010 from RCRN's Tips and Tricks contest. I've had so much going on the past year that I'm finally getting around to assembling it. The Saturday that Irene was bringing us rain and wind in Central NC, I spent holed up in my hobby room assembling the plane. Hope to finish it this Saturday after Dad does some soldering for me (wife says no to a soldering iron right now) and maiden it Sunday at my club's Labor Day Cookout. This picture was taken at the very start of the project. It's currently sitting waiting for everything to be set in place for balancing, then it'll all be glued down and ready to fly.

Gear:
- E-Flite Park 250 Motor
- Castle Creations 9 ESC
- 2S 360mAh lipo battery
- 6x5 Orange GWS Prop
- 3x 5 gram servos
- Spektrum 6110 RX
- Spektrum DX6i TX

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:48pm
Maidened the Micro SSX Sunday 9-4-11. Definitely going to be a blast to fly. With a fresh charge, at WOT the thing will scoot! It was handling 5-10+ mph gusts without issue! Had a fellow club member hand launch it, trimmed it out and just kept it simply on low rates. I'm running 0% expo and had no problems controlling it. I wanted to keep it safe on the battery level, so after 6 minutes I set her down. Definitely looking forward to more flights with it. And to top it off, it's so quiet! Definitely the quietest electric plane I've heard. The giant yellow X decal shows up extremely well against the picturesque backdrop of Carolina Blue Skies and Jordan Lake.

I asked the wife to help pick out the decals and decal placement. She chose well and the plane looks good.

-------------

Posted By: ids
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm

Glad you have finally finished your SSX, I have had so much fun with mine.  Off a paved road, it will takeoff is 3 feet and go vertical for ever!  Mine has suffered some, but holds together very well.  Got caught in a tree about 2 weeks ago and broke the tail, but a little Mercurty M5T fixed that right away. Here's mine

Micro SSX

Running gear:
Hacker A10-7L & GWS 7x3.5
Speckrum AR6300 and 3 DSp60J's
Castle 9A ESC
TP 2S 325mAH

See you on the RCRN Show
Ian

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:21pm
Has anyone on the R/C Radio network even talked about these airplanes? These radio guys said people who submitted photos, could get swag, and r/c supplies...........So I ask has anyone received anything yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:30pm
Buzz,
James Karpy of Millennium RC was on the show in Feb of 2010. Mine and Rcdude's  SSX were prizes from the shows.  I also personaly know two other folks that won big prizes, the Fun Cub and the Stryker.  A guy in the UK has also won swag from what I have seen and heard on the chat line during the show.

Well worth entering!
Ian

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 7:09am
ids is correct. I won the Micro SSX ARF in June 2010 from the Tips 'n Tricks contest from my color scheme tip. ids won his Micro SSX ARF a month earlier. I also happened to win an RCRN drinking glass from calling in and naming the month and year from a Model Aviation magazine cover contest. I send my entries in every month for the big giveaways, but haven't gotten lucky on them yet.

Buz, just keep trying. Submit pictures of your planes, crashes, submit tips 'n tricks you have, and keep listening. And don't forget your monthly entries for the big giveaways!  You never know when your time will come!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 8:02am

Has anyone on the R/C Radio network even talked about these airplanes? These radio guys said people who submitted photos, could get swag, and r/c supplies...........So I ask has anyone received anything yet?

I won some some swag a couple months ago for a Mercury Moments contest:D

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 8:12am
Buzzox44:

Have a look at the show notes in http://www.rcradionetwork.com/shows/show_08162011.php - http://www.rcradionetwork.com/shows/show_08162011.php , I do believe that your Piper Sky Sedan was a winner.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 2:22pm
Yep, we talked about and showcased Buzzox44 plane several weeks ago, Might of even been one of the first Model your Model winners.

From what I can find their gmail account is rejecting the mail from us.
Contact us using our feedback link at the top of the RCRN home page with your name and address and you will be dressing in style ;-)

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 11:54am
So what did I win?Smile

-------------

Posted By: Rotate
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 8:28pm

My newly finished Electrifly Cirrus SR22 Turbo.  A photo with a real one and now for the maiden flight.....hopefully not a typical Mercury Moment photo of the week end result....

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:17am

So what did I win?Smile

Got your note and the goodies are on the way ! 
Check your Email address in the admin area of the forum to be sure it is correct.
Thanks for showing us the cool Sedan!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:20am
Originally posted by blkkat

This is me and my sons first RC Airplane. A E-Flite Apprentice 15. We worked hard to get it by recycling lots and lots cans and bottles. We have been doing a lot of flying on our simulator and we have been buddy boxing with our local cub. We want to get a Parkzone T-28 next and want start kit plane this winter. We listen to the podcast when we are in our hobby room whether its new one or from the past.

Glad to see your Apprentice and to hear that your son is enjoying flying with Dad! We need more and more to take part in this great hobby (and to recycle) ;-)
Thanks for posting.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:15pm
It has taken me 9 months to build and then maiden this Reactor Bipe. Photo taken mid maiden; which was awesome. Barely took 10ft on roll out to blast into the sky. Handled nicely, it will be a barrel of fun once I get it back in the air. Came down and landed well on the grass.  Now need to finish the decals and charge batteries
Ian

Posted By: abcarr
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 2:32pm
My Model: E-flite Super Cub with Power 32 electric motor and E-flite 60 amp ESC.  Working lights too!

E-flite Super Cub

-------------
Telemetry Rocks!

Posted By: sparky
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 2:46pm
Tried to post a photo and it locked up my computer. Angry
Do you have to copy and mess with the photo?
Change the size or format?  
Unless you guys can  tell me how you  do it I'm done with this forum all  togeather.

-------------
There are no strangers at a Fun Fly

Posted By: Lmopar69
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 5:42pm
Here is my wife and I at SEFF with my custom covered and airbrushed 73" SBACH 342.  Powered, obviously, by a Castle Creations ICE HV 80 ESC, AXI 5320 and 10S Thunder Power lipos and a Xoar 20x10 prop.  Cant wait to put it up in the air at Hodges Hobbies again during HHAEFI in a couple weeks.  Hopefully the image will show up...

CW2 Laine Stahr
US Army, Aviator

Posted By: pecanpatch
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:29am
This is my GeoBat featuring Tigger....Video link Below
Embarrassed 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDWukKBRgI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDWukKBRgI

Build thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386754 - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386754

Marko

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:39pm

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:40pm

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:43pm
Nothing quite like "Goin fast and turnin' left!"

The Sundowner 50 is also a surprisingly well rounded sport flyer as well.  This plane is just so sexy, I have built two!  I am looking to hop up the power system over this winter and hope to reach 130+mph next season:D

...I should add, all photos taken by WebDr (Matt Gunn); and a big thanks to Mark and his wife for letting all us hooligans come on down to fly at his home (known world-wide as The Pecan Patch). 

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 2:44pm
oh...Ill put one more up there, enjoy!

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 5:15pm
Foamy F-117 in the works, still need to add rudder servos and linkages.

Posted By: philipm785
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 8:45pm
This 63" TopFlite P-47 was my first kit build. It took about 9 months and was a completely insane choice for a first kit, but it went together really well and I fell in love with kit building in the process. The plane is easily the best flying model I have in my collection. TopFlite did an amazing job on both the model itself and the plans / directions. Highly recommended!

Posted By: Scalepilot
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:30pm

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by bsbauman

a big thanks to Mark and his wife for letting all us hooligans come on down to fly at his home (known world-wide as The Pecan Patch). 

Thanks Bradley, If you cant have fun here , ya cant have fun nowhere!

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:28pm
Phillip,
thats a Nice looking Jug Man. Welcome to the world of building your own kits.
It will make you an all around better RC'er.
I built an Old Top Flight P-39 back in the day... Great flyer too.

pic of my P-39
http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryitemSolo.cfm?itemid=83353 - http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryitemSolo.cfm?itemid=83353

Again Congrats!

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 8:10pm
My latest addition. A used Trex 450XL. It is in immaculate shape.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:43am
Windrider Ele-Bee

scorpion 2212-1920kv motor
30amp esc
Spektrum Std size servos
GoPro Hero up front

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Rotate

My newly finished Electrifly Cirrus SR22 Turbo.  A photo with a real one and now for the maiden flight.....hopefully not a typical Mercury Moment photo of the week end result....

So Rotate how did the maiden do? Looking forward to hear how she flew!

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:31am
Here you can see my Jabba the hut body cranking our 20+ year old PT40. Then I do a little aerial chase with Ludo Vic's Easy* clone.....

FPV is not going away my friends... if ya wanna try it, lemme know.
http://youtu.be/WPunUBPsASk

Posted By: CR@SH
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:34pm
Here is my Daughter with my Phantom Reno Racer. A one off modified electric on steroids,hand painted and custom cowl , It has a custom access hatch and mufflers made from McDonald straws. Big smile   Thanks to Cliff helping with motor mount and spinner ,I was able to really fit powerplant well. Thanks Bud.  

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:32am
"Burned Retina" = 1 part Precision Aerobatics AddictionX + 501 LEDs and a lot of patience.  Enjoy!Clap

[TUBE]2_UVWPkU0d8[/TUBE]

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:26pm
Awesome job on the addiction .I have one, and I flat spinned the thing into ground cracking the cowl. Planes fine but tough to fly being translucent or see though. You now gave me an idea with lighting, since flying the addiction in sun iis just crazy unless solid stripes on at least one side. I just finished a 3D spirit that's also see through......I will post my some of my night fliers as they really have the town thinking UFO's are visiting....after I finish wirering another plane tonight ,I'll take pics & video to post . Thanks for sharing the Addiction light show !

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:41am
Thanks Cr@sh!  It started out a lot of fun...now I just cant wait to get it in the airSmile

My current project is a  Top Flite P-47 giant scale, 85" ws, g62 Ralph Cunningham Lite engine.  I will have some pics up later

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:40am
Bradley, the cunningham lite means it had the flywheel and mag took off and was converted to CDI or some kind of Ei, right?  Embarrassed

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 5:19pm
Ooh ,show some pics of build and Cunningham motor...... I just finished another nightflier but I'm thinking of wiring my P-47 with navigation or scale lights now .Wink 

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:19pm

Here's a buddy with an Edge 540 just after Barbie brought it back from its maiden.Wink

Ian

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by pecanpatch

Bradley, the cunningham lite means it had the flywheel and mag took off and was converted to CDI or some kind of Ei, right?  Embarrassed

I really did not know anything about it, so I wrote a note to Ralph Cunningham; the following is his response:
I make the g62 lite, it's stock except for the electronic ignition...I remove the magneto rotor and source coil, and the supplied carb rotator insulator block...I make a new block from 3/8 thick G10 epoxy board to rotate the carb so the shaft is parallel to the cylinder, for straight pull to the throttle servo without bell cranks....I cut of the rear extension of the crank to save weight, and make a hollow rear mount with electronic ignition inside, using the stock G62 spark coil....The mount is 3 inches square and has 14-20 threaded holes in the corners for mounting...The ignition is connected to the battery through an RCA jack in the side of the mount...
The 62 lite weighs about 4 lbs without the muffler...No other mods are made to the engine...It will start with one finger with the electronic ignition....The ignition has a lifetime guarantee...A conversion is $150 with my mount, or the conversion can use the RC EXL separate ignition with a flat plate mount to make the engine shorter...
I make a new prop hub using 2024 aluminum, so the length of the engine can be made longer or shorter than the standard 6 5/8 inches...The prop bolt is tapped 10-32 for a spinner bolt....

I look to hang out with you soon, unfortunately my schedule now has me in Bama Thurs-Sunday, every week for the foreseeable future...

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:45pm
The Yak 54 that I won on the last show for 2011 is ready to fly.  The Motor is a Hobby King Turnigy TR35-36C 1100KV  turning a APC 10 x 5E. Lots of power and it should hover great that is if I could fly it that good....Confused     Mudman1959

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:12am
I love the slinky on the LG Tongue   Is that 6mil depron or bigger?  nice job on your build  Wink congratulations with winning !

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:03pm
It is 9mm Depron and seems to be pretty good. The gear were a bit soft and it squatted a little so the springs did the trick. It flies great!  Video is from today's maiden flight... Lee  (Mudman1959)

[TUBE]_9cufHR1hVM[/TUBE]

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:42pm
Thanks for sharing the flight. Wasn't it cold on your hands flying today? I just finished installing my heater in flying glove but you my friend, got Kahoonas, A minute or two and my hands are done . Push the CG back a tad and slow down and fly closer with more throws as you get use to. The plane tracks well and capable of awesome handling .......whats the recommended setup?  the 3s battery can be 1800 or 1500 mah maybe?  Try a lighter shorter flight and then you can drop the springs and play with that magic spot....have fun with it and any mishap? save the pics for Mercury moments......all planes have an expiration date ........shame we just don't know when. Embarrassed   Happy Holidays !

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:08pm
Cr@sh... Right now I'm using a 2250 mah 3 cell... I will have to buy some smaller batteries. As for the CG I was thinking about moving it back just a bit and trying it again. Yes it was cold! No snow here yet... We did have some but it all disappeared.  I am sure a Mercury Moment will sneak up on me soon, to soon! This is my first 3D capable plane and I have never played with a plane that could do it before, so 3 mistakes high is the rule until I get used to it... Mudman1959  (Lee)

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:29pm
Lee my good friend , just make sure you enjoy your Holidays and know this.... your video says you'll be having the plane for a while , a few mistakes high works but the confidence learning all the moves is exactly how I learned. I flew for two years and was average with flying ability. After a profile or fanfold I had no problem dorking......I was able to learn all the 3D moves and then some. no fear of crashing takes way that slow learning curve. Have fun with that puppy and remember ,it was free Big smile  Buy a second one from Cliff as a backup and see how quick you learn those moves you were hesitant to try. So......... do ya miss the show like I am? I had to cut back on purchases with RC for a little but I have plenty to build...... Have a Blast Lee, and share more clips of the fun ! "Happy Holidays"       Terry

Posted By: Skynutt
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:32pm
Well Mudman I lost my last draft of the messege, got the fat fingers. Anyway the Yak looks great hope you are having a exciting time flying it.I hope to have one of the RCRN planes in the air by the end of next week if all the time off planned comes through. It has been a bussssssy year. Happy Holidays!!

Most of all Have FUN!!Big smile
John Harris
Skynutt

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 12:39pm
Finally got 5 good flights on my Micro SSX I won quite some time ago. I had 2 problems: 
1) Aileron low rates were set to 100% expo. Dialed that back to 10%.
2) Prop selection. The 6x4 slow flyer prop made the plane blistering fast. Put on an APC 6x4e prop.

With those two fixed I am enjoying this little plane. Snap rolls on high rates with speed are a blur.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:49pm
A Fitting place for my RC Radio Network sticker... Mudman1959

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:33pm

Here's the foamy F-117 in finished form on her back with the eagle design.  Hope to have her in the air when the weather gets better!

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 6:23pm
Had a small problem with a cheap servo... It stripped during a spin and I could not recover. I will try to rebuild it. It was a good flyer!  Mudman1959

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 11:27pm
Save the little pieces......... nutin mercury can't fix Smile  You my friend should get a Bigest Prize of all.....simply cause your the first person that could Cr@sh a plane and "Not" break the prop ! how did you manage that ? the wing and nose broke and still  Thumbs Up 
 I managed to win some cash with my model this month at WRAM show only to spend it back on floor LOL  [TUBE]EJM-j9cdm4o&feature=g-all-c&context=G2684edaFAAAAAAAABAA[/TUBE]

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by CR@SH

Ooh ,show some pics of build and Cunningham motor...... 

I overlooked this post;  will take some this week.  Your Nightflyer looks SWEET! Are you running it on 3s?

This P-47 has become somewhat of a project for an ARF and I am currently repairing some ribs in the wing. 

I have been busy building though, I got my twin 30mm edf Guillows F-15 conversion completed and maidened.  Roll authority was strong with the elevons, but heavy loading made it a lawn dart.  I also am finally completing final electrical, power and FPV installation on my Windrider Queen Bee.  This one is going to be my flagship. 

The Bee is outfitted with a Scorpion 4025-12 swinging a 16" folding CAM on 6sShocked
DragonLink on Futaba 9c for control
Lawmate 1.2 1000mW with GoProHD for video
Fatshark Dominators on the ground

The last items I need to do on it are to sleeve all control rods to prevent bending, and continue to dremel the portion of the back plate of the motor mount so that it is flush and not in the way of the prop. 

Here is a "Before" I will post the "After" later. 

Marko- thanks for getting me into FPV, it has cost me dearlyBig smileWink

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:13pm
I was looking into the transmitter and RX last night . I have a monitor and suitcase I'd like to start with. The glasses will be later on. I may need to film sailboats racing from shore. FPV would help me go after angle and specific boats upon request. LI sail magazine has work for me this summer .Let me know your progress Man, I'm not sure about power, range or frequency, 900 or 5.8 Gh . Cliff has a TX & rx at I think at 1500mw, with a range of 1 Km or two miles. I may start with that ? Telemetry and displays are not needed cause I'm filming landscapes or landmarks with go pro hero. Look into the sunex lens BsBauman, I found the flat lens is "great" for flying..... the fish eye is nice too.  The video is original lens  Wink

[TUBE]8NaTx5TF2IE&feature=g-upl&context=G2ea5c10AUAAAAAAAGAA[/TUBE]

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:43pm
Here is my latest build... It is a foam copy of a Carl Goldberg "Jr. Tiger" that is all cut by hand and hand painted. Going to maiden it soon, just a few more minor things to finish up on it before I do. 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Now that puts my fanfold to shame. Nice job !  The paint looks a little tedious and the green on metal flake look on nose ,Awesome Wink

Posted By: road king 97
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:05pm
My last scratch build was from ivans plans ,its a 1940's short solent .it has a 99 inch wing span ,fuse is a little under 6 ft my motors are 4-  480 size with gearboxes swining apc 10x6 four bladed props. Iam flying off of one 50amp esc and 2- 3 cell 3200 lipos batterys.

-------------
crashes are fun too!

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:38pm
Here's a Depron F-22, my first stab at Ultrakote trim.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:40pm
A ParkZone P-51D done in the livery of Major George Preddy, the Cripes A'Mighty.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
The Dynamic Foamy Boeing Bird of Prey, Buzz Lightyear-style.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:54am

That is Awesome!

I have been lucky enough to get a few other birds in the air since my last posts.  Here is my Top Flight giant 1/5 scale P-47 with a G-62 Ralph Cunningham up front.  85 inch ws

Big thanks to Cliff and the team at the shop for helping me get this one in the air!  Without their patience and help troubleshooting, this would have never left the groundClap.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 11:01am
Here is my giant 1/4 Hangar-9 electric.  She has been entirely recovered in fabric with stitching and panel lines based on scale drawings.  Scale cockpit details with batteries fully concealed between the firewall and cockpit.  This flew both on Lipo and A123.  Photo by Matt Gunn taken at Brisco Airport

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:02pm
Here's my F-15 in high-vis red.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 5:46pm
A Labor of Love... "Wally" a tribute to my Dad, Wallace "Wally" D. Chamberlin who passed away several years ago. This is a stand off scale of a 1939 Rearwin 9000L. It is a RC, all electric scratch built and hand cut from a set of copied plans by ME Salvay and Don Alix from Model Airplane News 1967. I built it using foam and balsa and it is covered using Dollar Tree foam board with the paper removed. I painted it to match the last paint scheme it had when my Dad owned his. His plane is still around and is currently in Vancouver WA. I hope to someday get photos of both the model and the real airplane together. Will I fly it? Well that is yet to be seen... After spending a year and a half on the build and what the plane means to me... I might. I still need to balance it and set up the radio gear. If it does fly, a video and photo's will be taken...  Smile

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 9:09pm
Thanks for sharing; its nice to learn what this means to you.  She looks great!

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:42pm
Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

The build begins! Sweet tea + RCRN + balsa + CA = time well spent

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 5:02am
Cliff... I got bored and it is way to cold outside to fly... Cry   SO.... I decided to build... Clap
It will be someday a 80" wingspan PBY Catalina but not your average balsa model. This one is made with Dollar Tree Foam board. The build is progressing good and I am starting on the tail surfaces for it...

Mudman1959  (Lee)

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 9:40am
This is my Ramblin' Wreck, a tribute to Georgia Tech.
Extreme Flight 64" MXS, Callie Graphics

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:39am
Update on the Catalina...

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm
Great job working with dollar tree foam. I don't think I could build that clean even with depron or fanfold........ Are all the formers foam or some balsa? Keep up the cool project and post your sucsess with the maiden....hats off to ya !  Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:50pm
All foam except where the wing brace is an parts on the tail for a bit more strength. Starting to get the parts cut for the wing... it will be in three parts with the center section with the motors, permanently attache to the center support. Two detachable wing outer panels with retractable floats. I need to get some of the electric gear for it so I can finish the fuselage and seal it along with the aluminum tubing for the wing support and joining. Lots to do yet!  Thanks...  Lee  (mudman1959) 

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 1:47pm
This is a fantastic Hangar-9 1/4 scale J-3 Cub. 
Extensive cockpit detailing done by Bob Dunlop in Maryland.

...I take delivery at SEFFTongue

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:55am
I wanna fly it Bradley Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:26am
Finally finished the horizontal stab and started the vertical fin over the weekend.

Posted By: james stockton
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 10:31am
The Black Skull
here is  my 4 motor stik with custom decals 
.40-size Stik ARF 
4  2212 930KV   4  20 Amp ESC'S running on a 4000mah 4 cell
with differential thrust using 8x6 props

[TUBE]qprd_JM9V_o[/TUBE]

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:06pm
Here's my Sukhoi T-50 PakFa, with twin pusher electric motors on the horizontal stabilizer for thrust vectoring in elevon mode.

Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:29pm

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 7:06pm

Understand the fear of first flight with the amount of time put in to your wonderful project. I always laugh to myself when I pull it off from a scratch build with no plans......but only after I convince myself that its no longer a loss if I total it. Then I realize I'm really enjoying the experience no matter how it turns out ....MudMan, I'm sure she'll fly true and float but make sure you share the fun with your first flight video. .Thanks for the post with great progress and know this my friend, I've not really flown this season yet cause of home improvements and other hobbies............ but thanks to your pic, I'm heading out the door with my C -130 fully inspired. 

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:30pm
Tail feathers roughly done:

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 2:23pm
Looking very good!

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:27am
It's finally starting to look like a PBY...  Mudman1959

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:44am
R.I.P. Bog Godfrey 1/3
scale Ultimate , Ever see a crash so hard the clunk comes thru the Tank!
Lloyd Snyder built this plane about 22 years ago.  Ouch

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.64 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com