RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clear Fingernail Polish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear Fingernail Polish
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:54am
I use clear finger nail polish on the screws that hold the servo in (balsa kits or ARFS).

After installing the servo and tightening the screws down, paint a small dab of clear fingernail polish over the screw's head and rubber garments. This helps prevent the screws from backing out due to vibration.

I've also used this in the past on eye glasses where screws commonly backed out.

Edited by rcdude07 - 21 May 2010 at 11:54am
greenfield mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote greenfield mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:07pm
fingernail polish also works well for reatatching monokote at corners where the adheasive is no longer there,its fuel proof too!
if i build it it will fly
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 7:40am
Just listened to last week's show and heard my tip here read.  Hope this works for everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply