RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Mercury Moments Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest
    Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:11pm
Each week we will offer a prize package to a lucky listener.
All you have to do is submit a photo that you think qualifies as a Mercury Moment.

Mercury Adhesives is a primary sponsor of Air Show and a  Mercury Moment  could be any great photo (not only crashes).

Got a great flying photo, a contest win or a spectacular crash. Post it here and you could be a weekly winner of a RC Radio Network Prize package.

Edited by administrator - 09 Jan 2010 at 3:59pm
Hipshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hipshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:33pm
Unfortunately.. .not ALL "Mercury Moments" are self induced......

nytestalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nytestalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
Not a crash pic, but I like it.

Friends don't let friends fly slimers!
Firemanbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:58pm
One of my favorite RC shots. 1/4 scale Great Planes Shoestring powered by a Welgard 4130/08 

Edited by Firemanbill - 15 Dec 2009 at 8:59pm
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Hipshot

Unfortunately.. .not ALL "Mercury Moments" are self induced......

I love those fashion 50 airplanes, Alas they are gone forever (and the one you post here is for sure gone)!

Great shots keep them coming guys
Help us grow by spreading the word about the RC Radio network to your friends. Loving the Tunes!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:45pm
My first pic was not  "Mercury moment" but this one sure was!Cry

This Airliner started out as a normal E-Flite model. I wanted it to be different for SEFF, and I am a big fan of the TV show "Lost", so I hunted for pics of the airplane from the show and redid this one in that theme.

First flight with the new paint scheme and down she went!

Edited by Firemanbill - 16 Dec 2009 at 7:45pm
Tom R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm
Does this mean I win a prize package for the very 1st inaugural Crash Photo? It still pains me to see my beloved Katana MD all limp like that. But, my Lights still worked!!!

Great photo too Cliff, thanks for capturing that moment!

Tom R. AfterDarkLED
mexico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mexico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:51pm
Strange how some paint schemes fly better than others.

Originally posted by Firemanbill

First flight with the new paint scheme and down she went!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by mexico

Strange how some paint schemes fly better than others.

No doubt... I think I jinxed myself decorating this one like one that crashed on the show!
IBA_Wildcard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote IBA_Wildcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:29pm
Plane verses tree. The tree won. Now I'm goning to call this my clip wing stick. LOL
After listening to the Afterdark LED show I'm going to light this plane up. It crashed because I lost orientation when I dropped onto the shaded area of the field and I totally lost my orientation. Seems like these lights will aid in dusk and dawn flights. I like early morning flying but flying out of the sun into deep shade caused for a bad morning. Happy to say she is all fixed up and have six flights on herSmile I will call this crash pilot error for sure!

Edited by IBA_Wildcard - 12 Jan 2010 at 9:47am
nytestalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nytestalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 7:54am

Here is a happy Mercury moment. This is my Maxford USA Butterfly I got from Atlanta Hobby.
I've flown this plane for about a year now and still love it. It is the most relaxing thing I've ever flown.
This summer I'm going to teach my 7 year old twins to fly it. They already do well on my Realflight 4.5 simulator. The only issue I'm having with them is they still think it's more fun to punch one in than actually fly and land successfully. LOL
Well, here's the mercury moment part of this post. I took the old butterfly out to the field to fly one day. And when I got there it was way too windy to fly. But I had too bad of a jones to fly, so I put her up anyway. Sure enough the wind grabbed my plane and took her down range fast. Now don't let the looks of the butterfly fool you, she's been radar clocked at 52 MPH in level flight. So I poured on the coals and fought it back around over the runway. Everything was looking good and I thought I dodged a bullet. But just about 1 foot off the runway, a huge gust caught her and flipped her over.
I retrieved my plane and looked it over. No harm I thought. But on closer inspection I found two cracked wing ribs. But no worries mate. A little mercury thin and some kicker, and the butterfly was back floating on the breeze the next day. Minus the gale force winds of course.Smile

Maxford USA Butterfly
Friends don't let friends fly slimers!
IBA_Wildcard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote IBA_Wildcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 9:32am
Ok now I hope this is the last photo I have to post here for a long time. After inspection found rudder servo missing teeth on one of the gears. Seeing how the rudder didn't impact during the crash I'm guessing that is why right after takeoff it nosed in with full left rudder. This my 3rd crash in 3 months so I hope it's true and bad luck comes in 3's and I'm done for a while. At least the wing is in great shape lol.
Ghost In The Shell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 7:31pm
I should have used mercury, Nord Icelandia sprung a leak!

sailing on the lake I noticed she was filling up and becoming unsteady, getting back to the bank, drained it and sailed on again, only to find 4 mins later, she was again low in the water, getting home, I put the model in the bath, hatch off and watched where the water was coming in from, then having located the area, sanded the paint right back to wood.  "ahh haa there you are!"  had I used mercury, this would not have happenned.

Edited by Ghost 2501 - 13 Jan 2010 at 8:41am
current build 1/87 ORSV Nord Adiemus
Bradywatt23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bradywatt23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 9:03pm
This is a good moment. I wanted to share with you guys my first ever kit build. The plane was an old Carl Goldberg Mirage 550 kit. During the build i used Mercury thick, medium, and thin ca. Boy do i love that stuff. When you see the finished pics don't make fun of the color scheme its the only monokote i had.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 4:45pm
Whilst at the 2009 crewe militaire show, there was a slot taken up by heli flyers in the enclosed cage, (made of hung cargo netting), with one of the heli's hovering nicely, I took this shot.  The pilot kept it rock steady during the hover.   

Edited by Ghost 2501 - 20 Jan 2010 at 4:46pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 4:57pm
A couple buddies of mine at our field last year sometime. They were horsing around with a .60 sized ultrastick and an E-flite Ultrastick 25E

They got just a tad bit to close for comfort... well a lot too close for comfort. 

The 25E survived to fly another day, the .60 sized not so much.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 4:58pm
whoops bill, time to swap insurance!
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 8:59am
I have consolidated this Thread into one thread to make it easier for me to administer.
All Photos and winner announcements can and will be posted here.
Thanks!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:01am

Topic: 01/05/09 Winner Announced

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 11:51am - IP: 68.153.148.125

And the winner of our 01/05/09 Air show mercury Moments contest was....... drum roll....

Fireman Bill with this winning shot.

Fireman Bill, Shoot me your address via Email and we will send you the goodies!

Continue to post your photos ad you could be a winner!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:04am
The winner from the  01/12/10 Mercury Moments Photo Contest was Nytestalker with this photo of a really nice High Speed Butterfly that does inverted landings. ;-)

Edited by administrator - 22 Jan 2010 at 9:04am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:09am
Congrats to IBA_Wildcard who won the January 19th Mercury Moments Photo Contest.
After listening the the Air Show PodCast I got a message from IBA_Wildcard (below).

"Hey Cliff I'm IBA_Wildcard AKA Brent. I can't beleive I won because I never win anything. Just wish It didn't take crashing my plane to do it. I couldnt listen to the show tuesday and I just got the chance to download it and listen. Great show and I can tell you guys are getting more comfortable doing the show.  The bad news on my photo I submitted for the mercury moments contest has once again been crashed. A word of advice to all pilots" When doing an inveted low altitude flyby do not accidently hit your flap switch!!!!  When the flaps activated the plane was buried in the field in about 1 second. Cry  I have the photos but I havn't posted them yet because you guys are gonna change my nick to Crash lol. Also thanks for plugging my club in the showThumbs Up 
Keep up the great work guys!!!"

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 9:41am
Congratulations to Bradywatt23 for winning the Mercury Moments contest from 01/26/10. We saw some great shots of his Carl Goldberg Mirage 550 kit.

Do you have a mercury Moment to share? You could be a winner too!

Edited by DJ - 31 Jan 2010 at 9:42am
Help us grow by spreading the word about the RC Radio network to your friends. Loving the Tunes!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 6:30pm

I was lakeside when a fast speedboat run over a 1m racing yacht, its prop quickly tearing a hole in the hull and flooding the boat
dee-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dee-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:13pm
How's this for a Mercury Moment?  LOL

Here's what happens when a Great Planes Corsair meets a GWS Zero head-on! 

Where'd the wing go???

Tram inspecting the damage...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:14pm
dee-grose

BANZAAAII !!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>