RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Mercury Moments Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest
    Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 7:12pm

Bombs Away pass by a B-25
 Taken at the "Warbirds Over the Rockies" near Ft. Collins, Co on 23 Sept
by Mikeee

Exponential View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 10:07pm
The Classic Lawn Dart...  Caught by a gust of wind just after takeoff and she flipped over on her back and went in vertically.  The leading edges are sheathed with CF flats and although the outer frame held up, the motor and servos went their own way.

Edited by Exponential - 09 Oct 2011 at 10:08pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:51am
This entry is more like a "Where's Waldo" than a Mercury Moment; however, lots of Mercury was used in repairs after this mishap:D

Can anyone find the Red Ultimate Bipe?
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:16pm
This is what happens when you buy a used heli with old plastic parts. A very small ground strike of the blades due to a wind gust pushing the heli over with enough head speed resulted  broke plastic.

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by bsbauman

This entry is more like a "Where's Waldo" than a Mercury Moment; however, lots of Mercury was used in repairs after this mishap:D

Can anyone find the Red Ultimate Bipe?

For us Red/Green colorblind people it was a bit tough at first!
bobzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:39pm
A rare landing with plane tipping up on it's nose and 1 wing. No damage to plane or prop!

---------------
Bobzilla - President
http://evflyers.com
bobzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:55pm
My 3 stryker's, fast, faster and spooky!

Edited by bobzilla - 02 May 2012 at 12:10pm

---------------
Bobzilla - President
http://evflyers.com
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:41pm
So what your saying is, Mercury adhesives will make this a flying boat.... ????....Confused   yeah right !

Edited by CR@SH - 05 Nov 2011 at 4:38am
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:45pm
Ta Da !  now how do I un-glue my fingers stuck together?
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:42am
Fantastic!
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:03pm
Thanks Man for the nice comment, I am now starting the flying Ironman build, so I need to call Atlanta hobby and order more glue.....I'm digging the Mercury caddy and just might have to break down and buy one. Big smile       

Edited by CR@SH - 19 Nov 2011 at 7:05pm
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:24pm
OK, Again....your saying this is going to be a flying Superhero ?...Hmm... I guess I'll need more glue for this one Shocked ........Soon to be continued ! 

Edited by CR@SH - 20 Nov 2011 at 7:29pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:08pm
Looks like you will need one of these:
http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/Mercury-Caddy-96p7289.htm

filled with a bunch of these: 
http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/M100F-LO-1oz-Foam-Med-96p6814.htm

Smile
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 7:05am
Done ,ordered already and plan to start the build over holiday weekend......... "275 page's" of instructions Shocked   Enjoy you Thanksgiving ! 

Edited by CR@SH - 24 Nov 2011 at 7:06am
Garret H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garret H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 7:57pm
Here's a few of my more recent photos from the field....Garret

Nitro Planes Edge on final:

Radian glider finding a thermal or two...

My favorite: one of our long-time members enjoying a day at the field.
Smile The man in the fore-front is one of our founding members and used to fly full-scale planes, including an RV-3 and Midget Mustang that he built himself. Our club was started in 1954, but then dissolved because of the Korean war. It was later reorganized, and the club even still maintains one of the original fields acquired sometime in the '80s.

Edited by Garret H - 27 Nov 2011 at 8:02pm
XtremeFlyer.com
Team Airtronics
Altitude Hobbies.com
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:00pm

501 LEDs all secured with Mercury AdhesivesThumbs Up
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:25pm
Sweet,  Man that's bright,  now I can't see  Wacko
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 7:06am
Wow!
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:05am
  BsBauman, Can yours change color before failing at half a mile up ?  Shocked  I cut out the part of me cursing while trying to locate where it went LOL Originally it was flying towards the town police & fire house. I found out later from daughter that people called police about UFO and town was yapping on facebook about a flying rainbow ufo........... wait till they see my flying superhero Embarrassed

Edited by CR@SH - 28 Feb 2012 at 4:04pm
CaptCrunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 5:23pm
CryThe results of an elevator failure (both sides just snapped off mid way through a low G turn) which sent my pal Hal spiraling to the ground from about 80 feet up.  Scratch one Sebart Yak!! Cry
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Garret H

Here's my entry...although I've posted it once before in this thread a few months ago, so I hope it counts. Smile

This is what a Seagull Extra 330 EP looks like after a head-on mid-air with a Senior Kadet! It wasn't pretty. Shocked The debris field was spread out over about 100+ yards with electronics spewn all over the field. As you can see in the photo, the motor, prop, cowl, and ESC all stayed connected and continued to fly about 50 yards beyond the impact area. The landing gear were twisted in a complete "S" shape and were impacted in the wing of the Kadet. It took us two different weekends to find all the servos and electronics from the Extra!

Garret 

Wow, are you sure you didn't put it in a wood chipper LOL  sorry to see it end that way  but it happens to even the best. Glad to see your both good sports about it.
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ghost In The Shell

having had some work carried out on Nord Icelandia, 

keli, my faithful Jack Russel terrier came to inspect the work 

The front of the ship now sports a bulbous bow, with the underside now sporting a keel. 
Run Papason run ! ...... It's Dogzilla who's come to destroy us !

Edited by CR@SH - 16 Apr 2012 at 1:08am
Mikeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:33pm
Mac Hodges B-29 with the X-1 rocket, flying at SEFF 2012 last Friday.

Edited by rcdude07 - 15 May 2012 at 10:33am
Tom R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 12:19pm
My Extreme Flight MXS after the successful completion of the rarely seen "Figure 9" Manuever at Joe Nall 2012. Real cause was a HiTec digital metal gear HS 5065MG servo failure causing the left airelon to go into full up deflection.

Tom R. AfterDarkLED
mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 8:16pm
Well I broke it... And the prop survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>