RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Mercury Moments Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Ghost In The Shell

rcdude
It'll buff out, its only a scratch

LOLLOLLOL

I'm just glad it's not my aircraft and I didn't see it go in.

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Baker

Good Lord! I don't think that I could manage a smile like they did if I put my 33% in.

Perhaps they are laughing at how much fun they are having destroying it further? I don't have the story on this crash. But I agree Baker, no way would I be smiling that huge after a horrific crash.
iflyos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iflyos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 10:09pm
My contribution...My almost 3 year old son, who LOVES to go fly.  He is carrying his "favowite airpane" back to the trailer after watching me fly it.  If he goes with me to fly, this little PBF MUST be in the trailer...he checks himself to make sure it's loaded before getting in his carseat.  It has a little Mercury Foam Safe in it, both from the initial build, as well as  a few "encounters" with the trees in the backyard at home.

Tim
AG4RZ

Edited by iflyos - 08 Nov 2010 at 10:10pm
mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:11pm
My Mercury moment, Charlie Browns Kite eating tree likes Gliders too... Mudman1959

Edited by mudman1959 - 22 Dec 2010 at 8:56am
Garret H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garret H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 6:00pm

^ #1 E-flite Pitts

^ #2 Corsair on the hunt!

^ #3 Never too big to hand launch!

^ #4 Preparing for take-off with my 100cc Aeroworks Edge 540T

Edited by Garret H - 30 Dec 2010 at 12:07am
XtremeFlyer.com
Team Airtronics
Altitude Hobbies.com
IamSam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote IamSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:21pm
My friend Brian put a 11.1v brushless motor in a Harbor freight P-51, we hand launched it, and it took off like a missile!! As he attempted to gain altitude I noticed some wing flex and said "dude you're gonna need to reinforce the wings" and at that very second the left wing folded up pretty as can be and the plane turned into a dirt torpedo. We have never laughed so hard in our lives! He already has it Mercury CA'd and duct-taped back together for next weekend. Good-times man...good times!
Garret H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garret H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 11:48am
OK, here's a true Mercury Moment --  this photo was taken a couple years ago at my field. This is the remnants of a Seagull 45" Extra after a mid-air with a Senior Kadet. The two planes collided head-on....the landing gear of the Extra was twisted in a complete S and was fully embedded in the leading edge of the Kadet -- both planes were completely destroyed.

The funny thing was, the carnage of the Extra was literally spread out over 100+ yards -- the cowl, motor, and ESC were all linked together at the north end of the field (about 50 yards from the impact area -- they obviously kept flying). The RX and plane were in the middle of the field, and some of the servos and other parts were actually south of the crash area about 50 yards! It took us three weekends to find all the parts -- a remote antenna and servo remained in the field for another week before we found them!

Garret

Edited by Garret H - 19 Jan 2011 at 11:50am
XtremeFlyer.com
Team Airtronics
Altitude Hobbies.com
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 10:16am
Here is my Mercury Moment:

Went flying on 2-19-11 in 15-20mph winds with gusts 30+. Engine kept dying on me while flying (hadn't been ran in about 3 years time). Engine died on me and I had to turn into the wind to get back to the run way. When I did, the plane stopped flying. A hard sit down yielded in a bent gear and ripped wood. A little epoxy, straightening the LG, and a new glow plug should do the trick.

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 7:38pm
This guy needs some Mercury Adhesives.  Happened at FX3D in Jacksonville, FL, this year.

Sir Crashalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sir Crashalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 7:34pm
Sir Crashalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sir Crashalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 7:37pm
After an expensive mid air in Tyler Texas he just wanted to be buried with his plane!
iflyos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iflyos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:35pm
Dude...I see your problem...its the Super Tigre on the nose.  Put on OS on there, and it will fly fine Big smile

Originally posted by rcdude07

Here is my Mercury Moment:

Went flying on 2-19-11 in 15-20mph winds with gusts 30+. Engine kept dying on me while flying (hadn't been ran in about 3 years time). Engine died on me and I had to turn into the wind to get back to the run way. When I did, the plane stopped flying. A hard sit down yielded in a bent gear and ripped wood. A little epoxy, straightening the LG, and a new glow plug should do the trick.

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:01am
[QUOTE=iflyos]
Dude...I see your problem...its the Super Tigre on the nose.  Put on OS on there, and it will fly fine Big smile

HAHA funny funny Tim. 
mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 8:58am
A Mercury Moment in the making....   Mudman1959
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:41am
[QUOTE=iflyos]

Tim,

Last Friday afternoon we got the Super Tigre dialed in (was about 1/4 turn too rich). Flew like a charm like it did 6 years ago before collecting dust.
Mikeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:46pm
Took this picture while attending Gunsmoke 2011 Regional Scale Masters event Smileseveral weeks ago, near Phoenix (Apache Junction), Az. The planes in this mid-air were Fokker Eindecker + Little Toote neither plane survived. Cry
Rotate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:55pm
Sopwith Camel held together by non other than Mercury glues

Edited by Rotate - 29 Mar 2011 at 9:02pm
Mikeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm
Here's a picture of the Little Toot before the mid-air.

Mikeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
This is the Fokker Eindecker with the owner towing it out to the lunch break(?) viewing area. 
Rotate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:08pm
VOODOO mustang w/retracts
Rotate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:48pm

Parkzone T-28 night flying out at the club field
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 7:40am
Congrats Mikee on the win last night (4-5-11).
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:04am
Here is what happens when a relatively new pilot performs an aileron roll without sufficient power and panics when it's inverted.

In the photos, the white stuff floating in the water are the pieces of the Hobbico Avistar. The pilot bought the 30+ year old plane from another club member and it was it's first flight with the new pilot. The new pilot is seen swimming to the plane pieces. Sadly the fuel tank, firewall, and motor all sank to the bottom of Jordan Lake. Fortunately he still has his ParkZone T-28 and was able to continue flying for the day.

Ghost In The Shell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:36am
who says it has to be people who sail

Edited by Ghost In The Shell - 13 Apr 2011 at 10:38am
current build 1/87 ORSV Nord Adiemus
ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:04pm

Headed out to SEFF this last weekend, took 12 planes! The photo shows 11 of the 12 planes in the back of the truck!

A Fun Cub is buried in the back left side covered by a F22 and a Micro-SSX.  There is a Gemini in the back right side, covered by a Butterfly with Afterdark Led's for night flying and a DH100 Vampire foamie.  Towards the tailgate is the T28, 3 Foamenators (intended for combat) and a F4D Skyray!  A Parkzone Mosquito in its box fits in the lower left corner….. 12!

All came home in once piece, all flew, some more than others.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>