RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Mercury Moments Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest
    Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 10:41am
taken on the same day as Nord Adiemus in ice, but on the main lake.  Her propshaft had just been sorted out to deal with a slipping coupling.  Powered by a 700/12v brushed motor, she is capable of some good run times for a thirsty motor. 

Espirit D'Atlantique is the first boat I built and has some scuffs and scars from such incidents as below
Espirit was seen here side swiping the canal wall, not quite at full speed But made a lovelly scorp down the port side
current build 1/87 ORSV Nord Adiemus
dee-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dee-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Ghost 2501

thats a glider dee?
Yep!
Ghost In The Shell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 6:25pm

Nord Adiemus still trying to force her way through the ice to get to a frozen in port having successfully managed to turn around.  As she was pushing her way through the ice, there were chunks of  ice dinging the propeller, making it sound like a metallic wind chime!

Edited by Ghost 2501 - 23 Feb 2010 at 6:30pm
Court461 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Court461 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 8:29pm
Here is my recent Mercury Moment.  Not as bad as some on here, but nonetheless Mercury got me back in the air.  Landed my 42" AJ Slick a little hard and trashed my landing gear, a little Mercury and some kevlar thread and I was ready to go.

Edited by Court461 - 23 Feb 2010 at 8:32pm
ghee-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ghee-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 11:15pm
Dee was in need of some Mercury foam safe on this one! 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 11:29am
looks a bit of a grose landing :D
brn-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote brn-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 12:17pm
yeah we love CA !

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:10am
ya ca'd your fngers yet?
CaptCrunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:25pm
You got to find it before you fix it!! DeadWinkLOL This one is about 40 feet up

Edited by CaptCrunch - 01 Mar 2010 at 7:28pm
Baker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:04pm
Looks like a Parkzone T-28 Trojan to me.  How did you get it down?
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Baker

Looks like a Parkzone T-28 Trojan to me.  How did you get it down?

I don't think he said he got it down ;-)
Baker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:52am
Bummer.  Been there done it.
brn-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote brn-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:53am
My Slowstick flew into a poplar tree in May 2007.  it was about 40 feet up.  the rubber bands on the wing broke a couple of weeks later and the wing fell to the ground.  everything else stayed in the tree until March 2008.  i replaced all the electronics and flew it in the SEFF/Guiness Book of World Record Flight in 2008. here's a pic of the Grose boys that all successfully completed the flight with Slowsticks.

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:36am
Cry Oh No, the T28's still sitting the tree last I knew.  Monday's attempts to reach it with a ladder and a long tube proved fruitless.  Perhaps Mother Nature will see fit to blow it down one of these days. Ouch

Edited by CaptCrunch - 02 Mar 2010 at 9:37am
brn-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote brn-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:06pm
hey Crunch, maybe the windy conditions this afternoon moved the T28.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:29pm

get some gloves and climb the tree :D

brn-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote brn-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:32pm
ghee-grose climbed a big pine tree in my front yard to retreive Dad's slowstick...and found out that tree was full of poison ivy vine 3/4 inch in diameter all the way up.

anyone need some poison ivy ?  i have plenty to spare

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:09pm
After today's wet snow I suspect the electronics are toast.  It was still up there as of 5 this evening.  Will check over the weekend.
Baker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:34pm
You may be surprised with regards to your electronics Captain.  Your lipo may be toast, but your receiver, speed controller, servos and motor will probably survive.  I know a trick that may bring your battery back to life too.

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 12:12pm
T28's down:  Clap She's out of the tree with a lot of help from my friends (actually, friends, a 16' ladder and a 25' surveyor's pole).  The airframe is a total and the battery was "puffed" but the electronics appear to be OK. Look for a re-birth in a week.Wink

Edited by CaptCrunch - 08 Mar 2010 at 12:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 6:54pm
bloody trees, they LEAP out at the worst possible times
Baker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:30pm
Only Mercury for my new Extreme Flight Extra!

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 4:59pm
Clap  The "Wrong Brothers" aerodrome.  We had 5 in the air at one time last weekend.  Photo taken by Ian Scott.  Note, the T28 in the photo isn't mine.  It was still in the tree when the picture was taken Cry

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:46am
are they delta dart, F16, F22 profile flyers in there.

whats the flying wing?
ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:25am
That's 3 F22's (based on Depron Dave's design, then 2 F4D Skyray's and a F16XL. (Those three were designed by NAC in Australia.).  The fleet picture is just a portion of the groups scratch built fleet, you should see the ARF collection!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>