RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Mercury Moments Giveaway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Mercury Moments Photo Contest
    Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 9:18pm
F-14 swing wing.
this is a larger size version of one I build a couple of years ago. 39"wing span and 40" long, working swing wing, with sweep angle mixed with throtlle.  comes in at 24oz with battery and over 220watts on the bench.
Ian
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:40am
This was a 1/4 scale fabric covered H9 Cub, I cant even look at it anymore- it no longer is in this conditionCry

Photo taken at Brisco

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 12:55pm
Haven't been able to catch the show live for the past 7 months due to having a newborn. I try to catch the podcasts, but I'm slammed at work and usually end up skimming through the show. But anyways, here's a picture of my next project. Given the time I have/get, it'll probably be a year or longer project. 

Scored the kit NIB off the local Craigslist site at a dramatically lower than MSRP and even Tower Hobbies prices.

Have decided to enter into the gas world with this plane. DLE 20 for power and looking at the EFlite 90* rotating electric retracts for 60-120 size planes for the retracts.

bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 1:12pm
Gonna need a lot of Mercury:D!!!
Mikeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mikeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 8:11pm
Here is one of many good pictures that I took at SEFF - Let the good times roll - a good time was had by everyone!!

RC Flyin fer fun
   Mikeee
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 12:46pm
Great photo Mike!

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 1:08pm
the start of a wing

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:21am
Low knife edge pass ripped the rudder off, messed up one elevator, and scraped the left wing tip on this Yak at RDRC's FFT this past weekend. Pilot tried to bring it around to the North end of the field, but couldn't, pancaked into the field causing the landing gear to bend.

rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 7:25am
My Top Flite P-40E Gold Edition kit is moving along. Joined the wing halves this past weekend.

Firemanbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 9:04pm
Well here is another entry for me. 

We were on our way to Tennessee to see the folks for Christmas and I always take along a few birds to fly as my Father in law has quite a bit of land. In addition I always take along some good 'ol Mercury CA just in case.

Well we stopped for fuel about halfway between Roanoke and Bristol and when I went to check the oil I notice the fitting for the overflow tube on my Radiator had broken off coolant was all over the place! The top section of the radiator is plastic so out comes the Mercury. Once I had it cleaned and dried we stuck her back on and it is still holding! 800 miles later and back home in VA.

Edited by Firemanbill - 02 Jan 2014 at 9:05pm
bobzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 9:21am
The "ultimate" 46% Ultimate biplane rebuild!
My friend, Rick, a superb rebuilder, acquired a crashed Hanger 9 Ultimate that the flyer determined he did not have the skills nor time to rebuild. Rick took the challenge! On New Years Day, he finished the rebuild (approx 2 mo), including re-skinning to metallic blue, white, with black/silver trim. Engine to be installed is a Kroma 180 w/32x10 prop. Spinner is Dave Brown Vortech 7". Over $180 of monokote used to recover, 3 bottles of CA, a lot of epoxy, and a lot of custom built replacement wood. A new cowl was purchased in-lieu of fiber glassing the old one. Cowl and wheels pants were painted at a local body shop to match the blue metallic monokote.
Electronics/servos yet to be determined. Here are some pics. Many thanks to Mercury for getting things stuck back together properly.

What a mess!!

And the finished rebuild.

Rebuild shots. Project Messerschmitt Bf 110 on hold while rebuilding Ultimate.

To give you an idea of the size of this biplane, it is in middle (over) a giant AMR stick and a 33% Edge 540.

Almost done, awaiting 3 rolls of white monokote.

Additional build pictures here: http://www.evflyers.com

Edited by bobzilla - 03 Jan 2014 at 9:42am

---------------
Bobzilla - President
http://evflyers.com
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:13pm
Wow From Radiators to big Ultimates, Those are some fantastic shots!
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 8:33am
42% Raven going swimming after a mid-air with a ParkZone T-28. Not sure who was at fault, but the Raven lost a quarter of its wing. She was retrieved from the water. Not sure about repairs, as I was busy the rest of the day helping others, flying, and showing off the GWS P-38 that everyone wanted to know about.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678