RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Model Your Model
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Multiplex Dogfighter Pylon Spec Racing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiplex Dogfighter Pylon Spec Racing
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:03pm
A group of folks are starting a Plyon Race Series, based on the Multiplex Dogfighter. Plan is to use the GMA site north of Atlanta, as a base of operations for the first events. Hope to expand to other sites and events such as SEFF if successful.

This will be a spec format, using the Dogfighter airframe. Rules are as follows:
  • Stock Multiplex Power Pack for motor and esc
  • APC 8x8 E prop
  • 3S 2200mAH battery pack (40C recommended)
  • Rudder Servo Optional, though not nescessary
  • MPJet 4705 Prop Adapter
  • Extreme Flight 2 1/4" Spinner
  • Paintiing and Tape allowed, but no other strengthing materials

Testing has shown the combination is kind to the equipment, fast enough and the plane handles much smoother than any of the other props tested. Plus the diameter is smaller so landings are better and kinder on prop strikes. The stock CG works fine if not a touch farther forward. Run times are expected to be over 5min at full throtle without excessive heat or battery issues on 2200 40C 3s packs.

A launch system is under development, more on that later.
So who's up to it!
ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:16pm

So here's mine!

I had to ream out the prop to 8mm and also enlarge the spinner hole with a 3/8" drill for the prop adapter. A bench test on 3s came out at 450Watts on a fresh battery, should easierly get over 100mph!

Ian

Edited by ids - 29 Oct 2011 at 5:18pm
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:22am
I love it!
I remember racing the Zagi at our home field around a pylon course and this will get e off my A!@ to get a Dogfighter built.

Remember RCRN is giving away 3 of these babys this month in the monthly giveaway!
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 9:54am
I know that as an AMA member, I am allowed to visit only a few times a year to GMA without being a member; would that still apply if I wanted to come race with you all next season?

ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 6:39am
Yes, I am sure that would be fine, send me an email and we will try to set up some dates.

David & I had a test/practice race the other week. lts of fun, just need to figure out why he was faster!
Ian
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:46pm
I think one of my Stone Mtn buddies, Chris Mercer (bigmoebbq), also has a dogfighter he may be interested in racing; I ll drop you a line in a bit.  
 Post Reply Post Reply