RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Model Your Model
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Show it to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show it to us?
    Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:22am
This area is for you to show us what you are building and or flying. Model your model for a chance to show the world what you are up to and a chance to win RCRN prizes and gift certificates to some of our advertisers.
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 7:23pm
 I started this 1946 Piper Sky Sedan this airplane in real life was an experimental, unfortunately never made it to full production. The only known Sky Sedan is in a hangar in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I found the Popular Mechanics blueprints on EBay, and decided to build it.
  I've been working on it for a month now, and I'm almost complete. It's being converted from control line to Electric R/C the plane at present weigh's 9 oz. and I'll be using a Park 400 with a Castle Thunderbird-18 Speed Controller Spektrum AR600 receiver and a thunder power 910 mAh 3S 11.1V Lipo.
Woodchuck Hobbies Gould Aerospace Inc.
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
I'm trying to figure out how to reformat the pictures to fit the web sites requirements. I don't know how at this time but I have the complete assembly of the model from skeleton to completion.
mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 9:04pm
60" Scratch Built P51D... Some Foam and some balsa. Took several different models and combined the best features of them into one plane. It has retracts and flaps along with all of the normal controls. It is all electric and I am planning on a 5 cell lipo for power... Mudman1959

bassplace88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bassplace88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:11pm
Anybody else having problems using the URL link for pictures?  It will not work for me and I'm getting very upset, cuz it is not working properly.  Trying to get pictures from my facebook, cuz I upload directly from my phone. 
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:38pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan more to come
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:40pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedansky sedan 1946
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:41pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:43pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan 
Exponential View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:46pm
Here's a foamy SR-71 Blackbird from plans by eliworm and crxmanpat on RCGroups (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176148)

buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 8:47am
The Piper Sky Sedan has a 36" wingspan I decided to Monokote it in Black and Beige, with an aluminum underbelly. the real airplane was all clad except for the cabin was red, with the trditional Piper Cub lightning bolt along it's side. I will also incorporate the Lightning Bolt with Piper Experimental along the engine cowl.
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 8:58am
1946 Piper Sky Sedan1946 Piper Sky Sedan
blkkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blkkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:09pm

This is me and my sons first RC Airplane. A E-Flite Apprentice 15. We worked hard to get it by recycling lots and lots cans and bottles. We have been doing a lot of flying on our simulator and we have been buddy boxing with our local cub. We want to get a Parkzone T-28 next and want start kit plane this winter. We listen to the podcast when we are in our hobby room whether its new one or from the past.

buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:06pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost finished
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:09pm
1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost done
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 6:59am
Originally posted by buzzox44

1946 Piper Sky Sedan almost done

Wow! The Sedan is turning out really nice!
Great work

Edited by administrator - 01 Aug 2011 at 7:00am
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:16am
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 11:25am

HL "Super Scale" F-16 Tiger Falcon

Builder/Pilot: Bsbauman
Photo: WebDr
kingsflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingsflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 2:37pm
WOW!!!

Here's my Latest -- a Sebart Wind S50e F3A Pattern Plane. Man this thing flies NICE!!!

Edited by kingsflyer - 23 Aug 2011 at 2:56pm
As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:46am
Does this look familiar?

It should, this is the Micro SSX I won in June 2010 from RCRN's Tips and Tricks contest. I've had so much going on the past year that I'm finally getting around to assembling it. The Saturday that Irene was bringing us rain and wind in Central NC, I spent holed up in my hobby room assembling the plane. Hope to finish it this Saturday after Dad does some soldering for me (wife says no to a soldering iron right now) and maiden it Sunday at my club's Labor Day Cookout. This picture was taken at the very start of the project. It's currently sitting waiting for everything to be set in place for balancing, then it'll all be glued down and ready to fly.

Gear:
- E-Flite Park 250 Motor
- Castle Creations 9 ESC
- 2S 360mAh lipo battery
- 6x5 Orange GWS Prop
- 3x 5 gram servos
- Spektrum 6110 RX
- Spektrum DX6i TX
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:48pm
Maidened the Micro SSX Sunday 9-4-11. Definitely going to be a blast to fly. With a fresh charge, at WOT the thing will scoot! It was handling 5-10+ mph gusts without issue! Had a fellow club member hand launch it, trimmed it out and just kept it simply on low rates. I'm running 0% expo and had no problems controlling it. I wanted to keep it safe on the battery level, so after 6 minutes I set her down. Definitely looking forward to more flights with it. And to top it off, it's so quiet! Definitely the quietest electric plane I've heard. The giant yellow X decal shows up extremely well against the picturesque backdrop of Carolina Blue Skies and Jordan Lake.

I asked the wife to help pick out the decals and decal placement. She chose well and the plane looks good.

ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm

Glad you have finally finished your SSX, I have had so much fun with mine.  Off a paved road, it will takeoff is 3 feet and go vertical for ever!  Mine has suffered some, but holds together very well.  Got caught in a tree about 2 weeks ago and broke the tail, but a little Mercurty M5T fixed that right away. Here's mine

Micro SSX

Running gear:
Hacker A10-7L & GWS 7x3.5
Speckrum AR6300 and 3 DSp60J's
Castle 9A ESC
TP 2S 325mAH

See you on the RCRN Show
Ian
buzzox44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote buzzox44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:21pm
Has anyone on the R/C Radio network even talked about these airplanes? These radio guys said people who submitted photos, could get swag, and r/c supplies...........So I ask has anyone received anything yet?
ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:30pm
Buzz,
James Karpy of Millennium RC was on the show in Feb of 2010. Mine and Rcdude's  SSX were prizes from the shows.  I also personaly know two other folks that won big prizes, the Fun Cub and the Stryker.  A guy in the UK has also won swag from what I have seen and heard on the chat line during the show.

Well worth entering!
Ian
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 7:09am
ids is correct. I won the Micro SSX ARF in June 2010 from the Tips 'n Tricks contest from my color scheme tip. ids won his Micro SSX ARF a month earlier. I also happened to win an RCRN drinking glass from calling in and naming the month and year from a Model Aviation magazine cover contest. I send my entries in every month for the big giveaways, but haven't gotten lucky on them yet.

Buz, just keep trying. Submit pictures of your planes, crashes, submit tips 'n tricks you have, and keep listening. And don't forget your monthly entries for the big giveaways!  You never know when your time will come!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>