RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Model Your Model
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Show it to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show it to us?
    Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:38pm
Here's a Depron F-22, my first stab at Ultrakote trim.

Edited by Exponential - 10 Nov 2012 at 8:39pm
Exponential View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:40pm
A ParkZone P-51D done in the livery of Major George Preddy, the Cripes A'Mighty.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
The Dynamic Foamy Boeing Bird of Prey, Buzz Lightyear-style.

Edited by Exponential - 10 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:54am

That is Awesome!

I have been lucky enough to get a few other birds in the air since my last posts.  Here is my Top Flight giant 1/5 scale P-47 with a G-62 Ralph Cunningham up front.  85 inch ws

Big thanks to Cliff and the team at the shop for helping me get this one in the air!  Without their patience and help troubleshooting, this would have never left the groundClap.

Edited by bsbauman - 11 Nov 2012 at 10:55am
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 11:01am
Here is my giant 1/4 Hangar-9 electric.  She has been entirely recovered in fabric with stitching and panel lines based on scale drawings.  Scale cockpit details with batteries fully concealed between the firewall and cockpit.  This flew both on Lipo and A123.  Photo by Matt Gunn taken at Brisco Airport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:02pm
Here's my F-15 in high-vis red.

mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 5:46pm
A Labor of Love... "Wally" a tribute to my Dad, Wallace "Wally" D. Chamberlin who passed away several years ago. This is a stand off scale of a 1939 Rearwin 9000L. It is a RC, all electric scratch built and hand cut from a set of copied plans by ME Salvay and Don Alix from Model Airplane News 1967. I built it using foam and balsa and it is covered using Dollar Tree foam board with the paper removed. I painted it to match the last paint scheme it had when my Dad owned his. His plane is still around and is currently in Vancouver WA. I hope to someday get photos of both the model and the real airplane together. Will I fly it? Well that is yet to be seen... After spending a year and a half on the build and what the plane means to me... I might. I still need to balance it and set up the radio gear. If it does fly, a video and photo's will be taken...  Smile
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 9:09pm
Thanks for sharing; its nice to learn what this means to you.  She looks great!
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:42pm
Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

The build begins! Sweet tea + RCRN + balsa + CA = time well spent

Edited by rcdude07 - 06 Feb 2013 at 7:44am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 5:02am
Cliff... I got bored and it is way to cold outside to fly... Cry   SO.... I decided to build... Clap
It will be someday a 80" wingspan PBY Catalina but not your average balsa model. This one is made with Dollar Tree Foam board. The build is progressing good and I am starting on the tail surfaces for it...

Mudman1959  (Lee)
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 9:40am
This is my Ramblin' Wreck, a tribute to Georgia Tech.
Extreme Flight 64" MXS, Callie Graphics

Edited by bsbauman - 25 Feb 2013 at 9:41am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:39am
Update on the Catalina...

Edited by mudman1959 - 13 Mar 2013 at 10:40am
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm
Great job working with dollar tree foam. I don't think I could build that clean even with depron or fanfold........ Are all the formers foam or some balsa? Keep up the cool project and post your sucsess with the maiden....hats off to ya !  Thumbs Up
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:50pm
All foam except where the wing brace is an parts on the tail for a bit more strength. Starting to get the parts cut for the wing... it will be in three parts with the center section with the motors, permanently attache to the center support. Two detachable wing outer panels with retractable floats. I need to get some of the electric gear for it so I can finish the fuselage and seal it along with the aluminum tubing for the wing support and joining. Lots to do yet!  Thanks...  Lee  (mudman1959) 
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 1:47pm
This is a fantastic Hangar-9 1/4 scale J-3 Cub. 
Extensive cockpit detailing done by Bob Dunlop in Maryland.

...I take delivery at SEFFTongue
pecanpatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pecanpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:55am
I wanna fly it Bradley Thumbs Up
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:26am
Finally finished the horizontal stab and started the vertical fin over the weekend.

james stockton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote james stockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 10:31am
The Black Skull
here is  my 4 motor stik with custom decals 
.40-size Stik ARF 
4  2212 930KV   4  20 Amp ESC'S running on a 4000mah 4 cell
with differential thrust using 8x6 props

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:06pm
Here's my Sukhoi T-50 PakFa, with twin pusher electric motors on the horizontal stabilizer for thrust vectoring in elevon mode.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:29pm
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 7:06pm

Understand the fear of first flight with the amount of time put in to your wonderful project. I always laugh to myself when I pull it off from a scratch build with no plans......but only after I convince myself that its no longer a loss if I total it. Then I realize I'm really enjoying the experience no matter how it turns out ....MudMan, I'm sure she'll fly true and float but make sure you share the fun with your first flight video. .Thanks for the post with great progress and know this my friend, I've not really flown this season yet cause of home improvements and other hobbies............ but thanks to your pic, I'm heading out the door with my C -130 fully inspired. 

Edited by CR@SH - 11 Jun 2013 at 7:07pm
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:30pm
Tail feathers roughly done:

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 2:23pm
Looking very good!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:27am
It's finally starting to look like a PBY...  Mudman1959

Edited by mudman1959 - 13 Aug 2013 at 10:28am
pecanpatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pecanpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:44am
R.I.P. Bog Godfrey 1/3
scale Ultimate , Ever see a crash so hard the clunk comes thru the Tank!
Lloyd Snyder built this plane about 22 years ago.  Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>