RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network Contest News and Information > Model Your Model
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Show it to us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show it to us?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:34pm
Here is my Daughter with my Phantom Reno Racer. A one off modified electric on steroids,hand painted and custom cowl , It has a custom access hatch and mufflers made from McDonald straws. Big smile   Thanks to Cliff helping with motor mount and spinner ,I was able to really fit powerplant well. Thanks Bud.  

Edited by CR@SH - 15 Nov 2011 at 6:59pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:32am
"Burned Retina" = 1 part Precision Aerobatics AddictionX + 501 LEDs and a lot of patience.  Enjoy!Clap

Edited by bsbauman - 10 Nov 2011 at 9:34am
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:26pm
Awesome job on the addiction .I have one, and I flat spinned the thing into ground cracking the cowl. Planes fine but tough to fly being translucent or see though. You now gave me an idea with lighting, since flying the addiction in sun iis just crazy unless solid stripes on at least one side. I just finished a 3D spirit that's also see through......I will post my some of my night fliers as they really have the town thinking UFO's are visiting....after I finish wirering another plane tonight ,I'll take pics & video to post . Thanks for sharing the Addiction light show !

Edited by CR@SH - 10 Nov 2011 at 7:27pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:41am
Thanks Cr@sh!  It started out a lot of fun...now I just cant wait to get it in the airSmile

My current project is a  Top Flite P-47 giant scale, 85" ws, g62 Ralph Cunningham Lite engine.  I will have some pics up later
pecanpatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pecanpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:40am
Bradley, the cunningham lite means it had the flywheel and mag took off and was converted to CDI or some kind of Ei, right?  Embarrassed
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 5:19pm
Ooh ,show some pics of build and Cunningham motor...... I just finished another nightflier but I'm thinking of wiring my P-47 with navigation or scale lights now .Wink 

Edited by CR@SH - 11 Nov 2011 at 5:44pm
ids View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:19pm

Here's a buddy with an Edge 540 just after Barbie brought it back from its maiden.Wink

Ian

bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by pecanpatch

Bradley, the cunningham lite means it had the flywheel and mag took off and was converted to CDI or some kind of Ei, right?  Embarrassed

I really did not know anything about it, so I wrote a note to Ralph Cunningham; the following is his response:
I make the g62 lite, it's stock except for the electronic ignition...I remove the magneto rotor and source coil, and the supplied carb rotator insulator block...I make a new block from 3/8 thick G10 epoxy board to rotate the carb so the shaft is parallel to the cylinder, for straight pull to the throttle servo without bell cranks....I cut of the rear extension of the crank to save weight, and make a hollow rear mount with electronic ignition inside, using the stock G62 spark coil....The mount is 3 inches square and has 14-20 threaded holes in the corners for mounting...The ignition is connected to the battery through an RCA jack in the side of the mount...
The 62 lite weighs about 4 lbs without the muffler...No other mods are made to the engine...It will start with one finger with the electronic ignition....The ignition has a lifetime guarantee...A conversion is $150 with my mount, or the conversion can use the RC EXL separate ignition with a flat plate mount to make the engine shorter...
I make a new prop hub using 2024 aluminum, so the length of the engine can be made longer or shorter than the standard 6 5/8 inches...The prop bolt is tapped 10-32 for a spinner bolt....

I look to hang out with you soon, unfortunately my schedule now has me in Bama Thurs-Sunday, every week for the foreseeable future...
mudman1959 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:45pm
The Yak 54 that I won on the last show for 2011 is ready to fly.  The Motor is a Hobby King Turnigy TR35-36C 1100KV  turning a APC 10 x 5E. Lots of power and it should hover great that is if I could fly it that good....Confused     Mudman1959

Edited by mudman1959 - 20 Dec 2011 at 7:14pm
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:12am
I love the slinky on the LG Tongue   Is that 6mil depron or bigger?  nice job on your build  Wink congratulations with winning !
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:03pm
It is 9mm Depron and seems to be pretty good. The gear were a bit soft and it squatted a little so the springs did the trick. It flies great!  Video is from today's maiden flight... Lee  (Mudman1959)

Edited by mudman1959 - 20 Dec 2011 at 7:09pm
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:42pm
Thanks for sharing the flight. Wasn't it cold on your hands flying today? I just finished installing my heater in flying glove but you my friend, got Kahoonas, A minute or two and my hands are done . Push the CG back a tad and slow down and fly closer with more throws as you get use to. The plane tracks well and capable of awesome handling .......whats the recommended setup?  the 3s battery can be 1800 or 1500 mah maybe?  Try a lighter shorter flight and then you can drop the springs and play with that magic spot....have fun with it and any mishap? save the pics for Mercury moments......all planes have an expiration date ........shame we just don't know when. Embarrassed   Happy Holidays !

Edited by CR@SH - 20 Dec 2011 at 7:44pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:08pm
Cr@sh... Right now I'm using a 2250 mah 3 cell... I will have to buy some smaller batteries. As for the CG I was thinking about moving it back just a bit and trying it again. Yes it was cold! No snow here yet... We did have some but it all disappeared.  I am sure a Mercury Moment will sneak up on me soon, to soon! This is my first 3D capable plane and I have never played with a plane that could do it before, so 3 mistakes high is the rule until I get used to it... Mudman1959  (Lee)

CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:29pm
Lee my good friend , just make sure you enjoy your Holidays and know this.... your video says you'll be having the plane for a while , a few mistakes high works but the confidence learning all the moves is exactly how I learned. I flew for two years and was average with flying ability. After a profile or fanfold I had no problem dorking......I was able to learn all the 3D moves and then some. no fear of crashing takes way that slow learning curve. Have fun with that puppy and remember ,it was free Big smile  Buy a second one from Cliff as a backup and see how quick you learn those moves you were hesitant to try. So......... do ya miss the show like I am? I had to cut back on purchases with RC for a little but I have plenty to build...... Have a Blast Lee, and share more clips of the fun ! "Happy Holidays"       Terry

Edited by CR@SH - 21 Dec 2011 at 8:52pm
Skynutt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skynutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:32pm
Well Mudman I lost my last draft of the messege, got the fat fingers. Anyway the Yak looks great hope you are having a exciting time flying it.I hope to have one of the RCRN planes in the air by the end of next week if all the time off planned comes through. It has been a bussssssy year. Happy Holidays!!

Most of all Have FUN!!Big smile
John Harris
Skynutt
rcdude07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcdude07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 12:39pm
Finally got 5 good flights on my Micro SSX I won quite some time ago. I had 2 problems: 
1) Aileron low rates were set to 100% expo. Dialed that back to 10%.
2) Prop selection. The 6x4 slow flyer prop made the plane blistering fast. Put on an APC 6x4e prop.

With those two fixed I am enjoying this little plane. Snap rolls on high rates with speed are a blur.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:49pm
A Fitting place for my RC Radio Network sticker... Mudman1959
Exponential View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:33pm

Here's the foamy F-117 in finished form on her back with the eagle design.  Hope to have her in the air when the weather gets better!

Edited by Exponential - 11 Feb 2012 at 1:34pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 6:23pm
Had a small problem with a cheap servo... It stripped during a spin and I could not recover. I will try to rebuild it. It was a good flyer!  Mudman1959
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 11:27pm
Save the little pieces......... nutin mercury can't fix Smile  You my friend should get a Bigest Prize of all.....simply cause your the first person that could Cr@sh a plane and "Not" break the prop ! how did you manage that ? the wing and nose broke and still  Thumbs Up 
 I managed to win some cash with my model this month at WRAM show only to spend it back on floor LOL 

Edited by CR@SH - 18 Mar 2012 at 11:38pm
bsbauman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote bsbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by CR@SH

Ooh ,show some pics of build and Cunningham motor...... 

I overlooked this post;  will take some this week.  Your Nightflyer looks SWEET! Are you running it on 3s?

This P-47 has become somewhat of a project for an ARF and I am currently repairing some ribs in the wing. 

I have been busy building though, I got my twin 30mm edf Guillows F-15 conversion completed and maidened.  Roll authority was strong with the elevons, but heavy loading made it a lawn dart.  I also am finally completing final electrical, power and FPV installation on my Windrider Queen Bee.  This one is going to be my flagship. 

The Bee is outfitted with a Scorpion 4025-12 swinging a 16" folding CAM on 6sShocked
DragonLink on Futaba 9c for control
Lawmate 1.2 1000mW with GoProHD for video
Fatshark Dominators on the ground

The last items I need to do on it are to sleeve all control rods to prevent bending, and continue to dremel the portion of the back plate of the motor mount so that it is flush and not in the way of the prop. 

Here is a "Before" I will post the "After" later. 

Marko- thanks for getting me into FPV, it has cost me dearlyBig smileWink

Edited by bsbauman - 19 Mar 2012 at 9:39am
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:13pm
I was looking into the transmitter and RX last night . I have a monitor and suitcase I'd like to start with. The glasses will be later on. I may need to film sailboats racing from shore. FPV would help me go after angle and specific boats upon request. LI sail magazine has work for me this summer .Let me know your progress Man, I'm not sure about power, range or frequency, 900 or 5.8 Gh . Cliff has a TX & rx at I think at 1500mw, with a range of 1 Km or two miles. I may start with that ? Telemetry and displays are not needed cause I'm filming landscapes or landmarks with go pro hero. Look into the sunex lens BsBauman, I found the flat lens is "great" for flying..... the fish eye is nice too.  The video is original lens  Wink

Edited by CR@SH - 19 Mar 2012 at 6:21pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mudman1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:43pm
Here is my latest build... It is a foam copy of a Carl Goldberg "Jr. Tiger" that is all cut by hand and hand painted. Going to maiden it soon, just a few more minor things to finish up on it before I do. 
CR@SH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote CR@SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Now that puts my fanfold to shame. Nice job !  The paint looks a little tedious and the green on metal flake look on nose ,Awesome Wink

Edited by CR@SH - 17 Apr 2012 at 7:20pm
road king 97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote road king 97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:05pm
My last scratch build was from ivans plans ,its a 1940's short solent .it has a 99 inch wing span ,fuse is a little under 6 ft my motors are 4-  480 size with gearboxes swining apc 10x6 four bladed props. Iam flying off of one 50amp esc and 2- 3 cell 3200 lipos batterys.
crashes are fun too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>