RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RC Radio Network - General Topics > Where are you from?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Where are you listening from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are you listening from?
    Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 12:39pm
Hi This is the place to let us all know whee you are listening from.
I know we have isteners from over 30 different countries so post here and say hi even post a photo of what you are up to.

I am Cliff and I am the DJ here at RCRN. I am from Cumming Ga which is 30 miles to the north west of Atlanta GA.

I loving all types of aviation including RC and Full size airplanes sailplanes and Hang Gliders. I own a Citabria as well as an ultralight sailplane called a Super Floater and Yes I am a big fan of the tunes you here on RCRN.

Help us grow by spreading the word about the RC Radio network to your friends. Loving the Tunes!
dee-grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dee-grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 10:21pm

Yo Cliff, I'm Andy from Tanner, Alabama.  I'm a certified RC-nut.  Been to 4 SEFFs so far and looking forward to my 5th one this year.  It's so great hanging out with both my brothers and my Dad...oh, and all my RC buddies too!

Cliff you may or may not remember it, but back on May 18, 2004, I came to visit your shop when it was in your hangar.  That was so cool.  I even flew my GWS Cub out in front of the hangar as the UPS guy was driving up.  Man, that was a long time ago, eh?  Check out the pics!  Cool

Andy

IBA_Wildcard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote IBA_Wildcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 10:15am
My name is Brent from south east North Carolina. I ended up here a serving for the Marine Corp and never left after being honerably discharged. I started flying free flight with my father back in the early 70's and we later got involed with R/C.  I have always been fascinated with flight and R/C is about as close as I can get to it now days. The photo below is back when I was in the Marines in 1983 with my wife. I Worked with the Ordanace systems on the A4 Sky Hawk. What a great aircraft that was. Cliff I envy the fact you have the ability to fly, thats awsome.
Ghost In The Shell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 5:18pm
Hi Cliff, net name Ghostie, real name's Mark, listenning in loud from the UK, here are a couple of my boats.  Nord icelandia, a  Dutch Harbor registered survey ship, Celestia, a cargo ship adapted from the Graupner Sydney Star, and an Offshore supply vessel called Nord Adiemus.

Edited by Ghost 2501 - 12 Jan 2010 at 5:24pm
current build 1/87 ORSV Nord Adiemus
Tom R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 7:45pm
Hello RCRN members, my name is Tom from AfterDarkLED.com

I am from Charleston SC
Tom R. AfterDarkLED

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 4:56pm
Tom, I visited charleston in 2006 and like the city, didnt see any graffiti, and enjoyed my stay there, and felt safer walking the streets of charleston than I did wandering the streets of London as a visitor there.  ps, love the patriots point museum :D
maddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 8:02pm
Hello everyone at RCRN Given a shout out from Btah Illinois From TimberLake R/C Club This is a great station to have on when Im in my Hobby room workin a my planes! Keep up the great work well bve listin to ya!
Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:48am
Hi Guys and Girls. 

My name is Martin and I live and work in the United Kingdom in the county of Cornwall. I have had a passion for aircraft and flight since I was 3 years of age, I'm now 57. I have flown full size and used to own a Kitfox although I don't now, I can't afford it. However I do fly R/C, I am also a model flying instructor and model maker. My passion is Scale Aerobatics, (IMAC).

Cheers,
Martin.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:53am
hi martin welcome to RCRN :)
Firemanbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:38am
Hey Gang

Bill here reporting in from Langley AFB in Hampton Virginia. Live in Yorktown just up the road.

Been flying RC for just over 5 years now and am having a blast with my youngest boy Mason. we fly any chance we get. I have a wide range of planes from Indoor electric fomies to a 27% Pitts M-12. Mostly Electric but I do have 1 glow and 1 gas just to round out my fleet.

I am the Club Secretary for the Newport News Park RC Club in Newport News Virginia and CD for the "Electrics over Tidewater" event we hold each fall on the last weekend of September.

Enjoying the show and the site! Keep up the great work.

Edited by Firemanbill - 20 Jan 2010 at 8:41am

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:56pm
any pics of your wings bill?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:12pm
My favorites at the moment

1/4 scale Great Planes Shoestring, Electrified with a Welgard 4130/08 and powered with an 8s Lipo setup. Clocked on radar at 87mph

1/5th scale Cox/Pica Waco YMF-5, 6ft wingspan Electrified with a Cox Models 5030/18 also on an 8s Lipo setup

Seagull Models Laser 200 with a SPE 26cc Gasser in it.

and my latest, a Hobby-Lobby Telemaster Electro recovered to be just a bit different than all the rest of the red ones.

Edited by Firemanbill - 20 Jan 2010 at 6:12pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Firemanbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:28am
Hey Ghost I see you are from the UK, My Stepfather is British, came to the states back in the early 60's. Married my Mom and raised me. I actually got to visit his family with him when I was stationed in Germany back in the 80's. Loved it and hope to go back again someday.

He is from the Melksham, Wiltshire. Near Salisbury.
Captain FlyBye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Captain FlyBye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:46am
Hi RCRN Member's,

My Name is Terry I am from Garden Grove California, that's 4 miles from Huntington Beach and 1 mile From Disneyland. I am also a member of Orange Coast Radio Control Club and the OCMA.
We have two Flying Fields, Black Star Canyon, and The Great Park (El Toro Marine Air Base closed)

Flying since1979 started with Gliders, then Fuel, and now Electric's....This is the Worlds Greatest Hobby!!
Widowaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Widowaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 3:48pm
Hello everyone,
              Mike here in PA.   have been fling for over 16 years now and enjoy  all tpes of flying. 
Rc Pilots, are outstanding in there fields!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 6:09am
HI Mike,
Love the Bipe!
Help us grow by spreading the word about the RC Radio network to your friends. Loving the Tunes!
n0irw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote n0irw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:53pm
Hi all,

Kevin O'Dell from Ardmore, Oklahoma here.....I've been in the hobby since 1971.....started with a highly modified DeBolt Live Wire Cruiser with an Enya 35 for power and a World Engines Blue Max MK II 6 channel system with S-5 servos.....Currently flying a Great Planes Cherokee 140, Sig Kadet Sr., Park Zone Radian, Airtronics Legend, Blade mSR and Raptor 30.  I have a Dynaflite Super Decathlon ready for paint and a Hanger 9 95" Skylane 182 on the board along with a Sig Four-Star 40.

I'll try to post some pics later.

I love the format of this website and of the shows.....keep up the good work.

Kevin O'Dell

Keep thy airspeed, lest the ground shall rise up and smite thy machine.....

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 5:06pm
sounds a nice set of wings noirw, ya got pics?
n0irw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote n0irw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 7:58am
Member deleted

Edited by n0irw - 03 Feb 2010 at 2:31pm
n0irw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote n0irw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:28pm

Let me try some bigger ones....

Our field from the air

Bruce Tharp Venture 60

Decathlon

Hanger 9 Skylane 182  95"

Edited by n0irw - 03 Feb 2010 at 2:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ghost In The Shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 3:11pm

is that from ikarus verse 1:01?
dragunov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:57pm
Hello All
Earl from Montgomery Alabama here.Just got into the hobby and enjoying every minute of it.Right now I am flying foamies mostly.But soon plan to be steping up to electric scale warbirds.Love the station keep up the good work.I should be in Atlanta tomorrow I am gonna try and stop by and say hi.
Baker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:23pm
My name is Paul and I live in Savannah, Ga. and Fly with the Tri-County R/C Flyers.  Love the show on Tuesday nights.  Here are a few of my models.

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm
Thanks for tuning in Paul,
That is a mighty fine looking fleet you got there. Lots of nice ones I see!
Revy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Revy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 1:36pm
Revelstoke BC

Our club's gallery...

http://www3.telus.net/rrcc/gallery.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>