RC Radio Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Talk Show Programming (Air Show) > Topic and Guest Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guest suggestion for future show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Garret H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guest suggestion for future show
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:17pm
Hey, guys -- I have a guest suggestion for you. I think Mike Greenshields, VP of Global Hobby, would be a very interesting guest. Mike is a wealth of information and has been in the hobby for a long time as I understand. With all of Airtronics new products on the market, I think it would be fun to hear Mike talk about them personally. They have a great new radio out in the SD-10G, lots of new digital servos, and quite a selection of 2.4ghz FHSS receivers now on the market. Airtronics is a great company with excellent customer service and quality products -- I am proud to be part of their team program.

If you are interested, I can give you some contact info.

Thanks,
Garret 
XtremeFlyer.com
Team Airtronics
Altitude Hobbies.com
Exponential View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Exponential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 9:48am
Cliff:

I'd like to see Bill Stevens of Stevens Aeromodel as a guest.  He has a lot of really neat kits that are a modern take on classics, as well as more contemporary designs, most if not all electric.

Thanks,
Chris

djklein21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote djklein21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 1:41pm
I second Mike Greenshields. He has all kinds of good insites and stories about the development of the latest Atx stuff, as well as all kinds of great stuff from the Global line. He is a good guy, and an avid modeler.

Thanks for having us on the other week,
David Klein
Murocflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murocflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 2:05pm
I second the idea about having Bill Stevens on as a quest.  Great designer of electric powered airplanes.

I would also like to add another subject for discussion.  This is about the TransAmerica Tour 2014.  For those that have not heard of it yet, this is what it is about.

We are not afraid to admit that we love the sport of model aviation.  Nor are we afraid to admit we love our country and we certainly aren't afraid to fight for our freedom because we know the freedoms that we enjoy are not free and come at a price.  A very high price.  That is why we have decided to showcase our sport to America and to help the Wounded Warriors Project empower those American heroes that pay the price for our freedom every day of their lives.  

Our plan is to fly two airplanes across the USA.  One gas powered plane and one electric powered plane.  The gas powered plane starting in California will fly west to east and the electric powered plane will start in Georgia and fly west.  We want to involve as many AMA clubs as possible along both routes as they travel across the USA.  Our plan is to involve the local media to showcase model aviation and to help raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP).  The fundraising goal for the WWP is $10,000.

The gas powered plane called "American Spirit" will take off from the Muroc Model Masters (MMM) field at Edwards AFB, California in April of 2014 and begin its journey east to the Riverside Aeromodelers Society (RAMS) in North Carolina.  The electric powered plane called "American Pulse" will begin its journey from Southeast Electric Flight Festival (SEFF) in Georgia next April and fly to the Southern Minnesota Model Aircraft Club (SMMAC) in Minnesota.  Both will fly along a predetermined route to the next club that has volunteered to take part.  The planes will land, be refueled or batteries changed out, and the next team consisting of a driver, spotter, and pilot will take over.  The team that takes over will be from the next club on the route.  This way they are familiar with its location and the peculiars about landing at that field.  We would not want pilots to be landing at unfamiliar fields.  And if they have to land sooner than expected, they know the area and its alternate landing locations.  This will repeat all across the USA.  We will encourage participants along the route to contact their local media outlets and explain the TransAmerica Tour 2014 to them.  Teams will be provided talking points about the AMA, model aviation and the Wounded Warriors Project and how their donations help our American heroes in their daily lives.

Airplanes, engines, radios, electronics, cars and all support equipment is hoped to be provided by potential sponsors of TransAmerica Tour 2014.  We are also working with a television production company to film this tour and a number of model aviation events in 2014 to help showcase model aviation and bring it to prime time television.

Important Links

Wounded Warriors Project: TBD

TransAmerica Tour 2014 Website: www.TAT2014.org (ready for prime time O/A 31 July)

TransAmerica Tour 2014 Map: http://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?gmp=msp&mid=zuDNctj04nLA.kuXQvjLfKZUE

Thanks,

Frank 

Promoting Model Aviation. One Pilot At A Time
http://www.WAA-08.org
 Post Reply Post Reply